meta aramid staple fibre
Features & Benefits
- outstanding heat resistance. Resistant to melting even after many hours of exposure to heat. 75% of original strength is retained after exposure to dry-heat of 200°C for 1000 hours. 60% of original strength is retained after exposure to wet-heat at 120°C for 1000 hours.
- Flame resistance The Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI) of Meta-aramid fibre is over 28%. (Table 4 shows the test results of the flame retardancy properties of fibre). It is a flame retardant fibre that will not burn, melt or drip. Above 370°C our meta-aramid fibre will start to carbonise and decompose.
- Heat insulating properties Meta-aramid fibre has excellent heat insulating properties. These and its high dielectric strength enable Class-H (up to 180°C) insulating paper to be manufactured from it, giving wide application in the production of transformers, dynamos, motors and other forms of high temperature and high voltage electric equipment.
- Chemical Resistance, resistant to most inorganic acid and alkalis.
- Good textile properties . Meta-aramid fibre’s low stiffness and high elongation give excellent textile-like properties and characteristics, allowing processing on all types of conventional textile equipment. The staple version can be processed into yarns – or blended with other fibres – for the manufacture of knitted and woven fabrics as well as non-woven fabrics. Filament yarn can be converted into knitted and woven fabrics.
- Radiation resistance Meta-aramid fibre shows good resistance to α,β and ultraviolet radiation. For example, when the fibre is exposed at 1000Mrad of β radiation accumulation, it shows no loss of strength.
- Filtration Fabric, Sewing Thread, Protective Apparel, Insulation ，flame retardant or heat resistant fabric.
- Thermal protective apparel
- Honeycombed structure materials